Saturday, September 24, 2011

One month in, eleven to go.

     Hello again! Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a while. A lot has happened since my last entry. Getting to know my roommates better, started my official job, met some famous people, etc.
     For the most part the seven of us are all getting along just fine. We're all very different and there has been some clashing but nothing we can't handle. We still love each other and will stick together through thick and thin. Somehow the song "Toxic" by Britney Spears has become our theme song. I think it started on one of the first days here when we were playing Just Dance on the Wii and that was one of the songs. Tyler and I always have it stuck in our heads and are singing it. It's so random!
     My job at GettLove/ Blessed Sacrament is not what I was expecting it to be at all. Before I came I was told I would be doing outreach for the homeless. Actually going out into the streets of Hollywood and talking to them and asking if they would like to receive help from us. Instead I've been working inside all day either working in the kitchen or at the front door taking names as people come in. Which has been fine but like I said it's not what I expected. Right now though I would kind of rather be doing outreach. I haven't really been getting to know our clients that well just by doing what I have been doing. The chances I have gotten to talk to some of them has been great. Meeting some really interesting people. Still pretty new at my job. Only been there two weeks so we'll see how it turns out.
     Like I have mentioned in my previous entries serving in Hollywood has some perks that you wouldn't get serving in the other cities. I have already met several people in the tv/film industry and I really enjoy that part of it. The first time I walked into Paramount Pictures Studios and walked onto the set of nbc's Community I was about to pee my pants I was so excited! haha! For those who don't want to go into that line of work it's not as interesting so I know you don't understand my excitement. However, it is kind of frustrating when people roll their eyes whenever I express that excitement. I don't care if people don't get as excited as me just let me be though. Don't try to tell me I shouldn't be excited. The reason I like it is because I want to be an actor. And I think one of the best ways to break into the industry is to have connections. Just look at Isaiah. He's made friends with some guy from growing pains and the guy is already helping him find an agent. Yeah I'm jealous. Also maybe I can get advice from these connections. So yeah, that's why.
    So that I think for the most part is all I have to say for now. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You should talk to Sonny about your outreach desire. All in good time, and I just challenge you, as much as possible, to ask God for wisdom in how to handle and guide that excitement you have. But, I get it, I'm literally geeking out on this recording project. Literally. I'm a nerd. - Matthew

    ReplyDelete