Sunday, October 16, 2011

Give thanks?

     This morning at church the pastor preached a sermon on giving thanks to God and why that's important. Even though I don't agree with that necessarily it reminded me that I have been wanting to write about this topic for a while. You would think that a topic like this it would take many long paragraphs for me to explain my opinion on it but I think I can summarize it in a lot less words.
     Basically I just feel like people need to be couscous when praying and giving thanks for the food, shelter, healing, etc. that God has provided for them. The reason for that is how do you explain all the people that are starving to death, that are homeless, that need healing from sickness but don't get healed? Does God really love some people more than others? No, obviously not. Then can we really believe that it IS truly God who does the taking care of us? Not using that logic.
     I understand that I am not the first person to raise this question. But I have not yet heard a reasonable answer so I will ask it again. I'm always open to learning why it is this way, but I don't think I will get the answer. I am actually kind of clueless as to why this question doesn't stump most people.
 

1 comment:

  1. I think that a lot of people do or might have this question in mind, they are just afraid of letting others know about it.

    ReplyDelete